- Policies and procedures
- Preliminary material
- Here is a list of online resources:
- A First Course in Linear Algebra by Robert Beezer, available at: http://linear.ups.edu/
- Linear Algebra by David Cherney, Tom Denton, and Andrew Waldron, available at: https://www.math.ucdavis.edu/∼linear/
- Linear Algebra by Jim Hefferon, available at:
- Linear Algebra Done Wrong by Sergei Treil, available at:
- Approximate weekly schedule:
- Lecture: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Homework due: Monday
- Office hours:Monday: 1:30 – 4:00pmThursday: 1:30 – 4:00pm
- The first exam is on Friday 16 October. Here is a practice exam and here are some solutions (v3)
- The second exam is a take-home exam, and will be distributed on Thursday 19 November. There is no class on Friday 20 November.
- Assignment 1, due Tuesday 8 September
- A recap of lines and planes from the first week of class.
- Assignment 2 due Monday 14 September in SQRC.
- Assignment 3 is due Monday 21 September in SQRC.
- Assignment 4 is due Monday 21 September in SQRC.
- Assignment 5 is due Monday 28 September in SQRC.
- Assignment 6 is due Monday 5 October in SQRC
- Assignment 7 is due Monday 5 October in SQRC.
- Assignment 8 is due Monday 19 October in SQRC.Typo: In Exercise 8.7 the word “sum” should be “product”
- Assignment 9 due Friday 23 October in SQRC.
- Assignment 10 is not really an assignment, as there are no exercises to complete.
- Assignment 11 is due Tuesday 27 October in SQRC.
- Assignment 12 due Tuesday 3 November in SQRC.
- Assignment 13 will not actually be collected
- Here is a copy of Interlude, the in-class activity we worked on.
- Assignment 14 is due Monday 9 November in SQRC.
- Assignment 15 is due Monday 16 November in SQRC.
- Assignment 16 is due Tuesday 24 November. Please also turn in your solutions to the in-class activity.
- Assignment 17 is due Tuesday 1 December.
- Assignment 18 is due Tuesday 8 December.
- Review for the Final Exam